Canning (individual index to multiple canning recipes)
Banana Bread/Muffins with Peanut Butter Filling
This stuff was AWESOME....one liver was NOT enough. It's rich and very decadent!!
Rabbit Liver Pate:
Add your butter to pan/skillet and melt, then ad onions/garlic till clear, then add chopped liver and spices cook till liver is just done.
Pour mixture into a container to be able to stick blend it till smooth. OR process in the food processor or magic bullet type grinder.
Allow to chill for for at least six hours (yeah if you can wait that long) to get flavors to blend well. Serve on crackers with cheese...... YUM.
½ C butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 medium bananas (we freeze bananas in the skin when the start to go “dark”, then just pull them out of the freezer and pop them out of the peel when thawed - they are already nice and mushy that way!)
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan. (or we actually make 6 muffins and one loaf of bread with this recipe, I’m guessing it will make a couple dozen muffins)
3) In a large bowl stir together the melted butter and sugar; Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4) Combine the flour, baking soda and salt then stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
5) Fold in sour cream, walnuts (we skip these), and mashed bananas
6) Spread evenly into pan and/or fill muffin tins about ½ to ¾ full.
7) Bake at 350 for 60 minutes (loaf) or 25 minutes (muffins) or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then transfer to rack
For the peanut butter filling (for about 6 muffins)
1 tablespoon melted butter
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup powdered sugar
I just kind of “winged it” as far as amounts for the above ingredients until I reached a consistency I liked, so tweak them as needed.
This can also be used as a frosting.
Mix all ingredients and pipe into center of cooled muffin.
**Please do your research on canning safety and basic canning rules before beginning canning **
This is how we do it. Do your research before proceeding.
Did you know that it is recommended that you do NOT leave the rings on your canned goods? Also recommended is to NOT stack jars. These two precautions are said to allow a jar lid to come off or unseal if there is a problem with the contents.
Canned Venison (deer meat):
We use the canned venison for sandwiches, BBQs, stroganoff, stews and about 20 other things!!